- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
- 1/2 orange
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 4 bay leaves
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- Mix together all herbs and seasonings. Coat pork with the spice mixture. Place the bay leaves in the bottom of a slow cooker and place the pork on top. Pour the beef broth around the sides of the pork, being careful not to rinse off the spice mixture. Squeeze the juice from the orange over the pork, and place rind in pot.
- Cover and cook on Low until the pork shreds easily with a fork, about 10 hours. Turn the meat after it has cooked for 5 hours. When the pork is tender, remove from slow cooker, and shred with two forks. Place shredded meat on an aluminum lined baking sheet. Preheat oven to 450.
- Strain and boil down approx 2 cups of the cooking liquid, then pour over the meat to moisten. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
Serve on tortillas with pico de gallo, white rice, and black beans. Can additionally use the cooking liquid when cooking the black beans.